Local Notices - August 22
Local Notices and Updates
The current alert level is 3, the following link takes you to a government site explaining this: ttps://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/heat-health/?tab=heatHealth&season=normal#?tab=heatHealth
The latest forecast details can be obtained at the following link: https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/#?tab=map
There are also some useful links below for additional advice from the government:
There will be tea at the Rectory for everyone to enjoy a catch up and a chat over the history of the Finmere Show. Any memorabilia to be brought along please. Please see the poster below for details.
COULD YOU BE A FIX-MY-STREET SUPER USER?
OCC are looking for people who have the time to walk around their village regularly and report any problems with the highway (potholes, kerb damage etc) to the online Fix-My-Street service. Please see the poster and information sheet below.
AGE UK SCAM PROTECTION SCHEME
For details of the scheme please see the document below.
Free Electric Blanket Testing
It's that time of year again. A poster giving full details is attached below.
A Guide to Broadband Costs
Choose is an organisation looking at the cost of social broadband, given the serious effects of being unable to access online activities. They have compiled a full guide to the social broadband tariffs available in the UK, which is kept regularly updated.
Thames Water Priority Services
To support their customers TW provide a free priority services register, to find out more go to https://www.thameswater.co.uk/help-and-advice/customer-commitment/priority-services. TW recommend that in the event of an emergency they try to deliver bottled water to the most vulnerable but that anyone at-risk and/or self-isolating who needs water supplying to them reaches out to friends, family members or neighbours to help. Those with a pre-existing health condition or mobility issue, or with nobody to help them, should join the register at the link above.
Finmere Landfill Site
There are revised contact details for reporting of concerns over odour issues from the Landfill site. Please contact:
Incident Hotline - 0800 807060
or if there are health concerns:
Dr Anand Fernandes, Thames Valley Health Protection Unit, John Eccles House, Robert Robinson Avenue, Oxford Science Park, Oxford, OX4 4GP – Tel: 0845 279 9879.
To view updates on this issue from Victoria Prentis MP please visit https://www.victoriaprentis.com/campaigns/finmere-landfill-facility
CDC Planning Policy Consultation
Official notice of this important consultation is given below.
OCC Oxfordshire 2050 Plan Consultation
Official notice of this important consultation is given below
Comet Bus Service Replacement
ABILITY COMMUNITY BUS
This service will replace the Comet Community Bus Service, which has been suspended for some time due to covid.
- There will be two routes as per the Comet service so:
- Souldern, Fritwell, Fewcott, Ardley, Bucknell, Chesterton, Bicester
- Cottisford, Mixbury, Finmere (The Red Lion pub, so technically Little Tingewick), Newton Purcell, Hethe, Hardwick, Stoke Lyne, Bicester
- Both services will operate on a Friday to accommodate market day in Bicester (a Monday service can also be added if there is demand for it)
- Unlike Comet, which was a “turn up and go”, it’s an “on demand” service, so users book, which means it is more like a shared taxi service, which has a number of advantages over the Comet model.
- The service is operated by Ability, a not-for-profit community interest company.
- It is free of charge to holders of a concessionary bus pass.
- Unlike Comet, there is no cost to the parish council
- You can see their website here
- The service will start on a 4-week trial basis on July 16th
Proposed Local Road Closures
News of any proposed local road closures will be posted here.